Term of sale
Term of sale
1. General conditions
These conditions govern relationships between Gvf Components Srl (hereinafter called GVF) and its customers. These conditions cancel or replace all the previous conditions in being between customers and GVF concerning products supplied. Any additions, changes or departures from these conditions must be made in writing by persons with suitable contractual powers in order to be valid.
2. Declaration of use of GVF 's products.
GVF Components declares the use for which any single product has been designed: therefore, GVF will be not responsible for any use different from the normal declared use.
Prices are understood to be ex-our headquarters VAT excluded. GVF also reserves the right to change its price list and ensures that it will communicate any changes of this nature rapidly to customers, if large increases in materials, labour or other unexpected cost elements should occur over time. Customers anyway have the right to communicate their refusal of new prices to GVF.
4. Delivery terms
As advised, the delivery terms are not obligatory and do not constitute an essential term (indicated in the offers and order confirmation). August and December are not included when counting days of delivery (unless differently agreed by written). Within 5 days from receiving the Customer's request (order), GVF will send its own proposal (Order Confirmation). If GVF do not receive any written communication within 2 days of receipt of the order confirmation, GVF shall hold the order as tacitly confirmed.
Customers have no right to refuse goods or to request cancellation of the contract or damage indemnity for any delivery delays in any case.
Shipment is made using couriers whose charges are then debited in the customer's invoice, unless different agreements and/or indications are made in writing. GVF is not responsible for any losses, delays or damage during transport. All sales are understood to be for goods delivered onto vehicles ex-our warehouse.
Deliveries may be suspended or interrupted at any moment if, in GVF 's unquestionable judgement, the situation or the customer's commercial, economic or financial references do not offer suitable guarantees for fulfilling the obligations assumed with the receipt of the order confirmation. Besides, in GVF's unquestionable judgement, GVF has the right to adopt, as payment, "cash on delivery" in case the Customer has unpaid an invoice.
We reserve the right to charge for the costs of special packaging in addition to the cost of the standard packaging.
7. Payment terms and methods
Invoices must be paid within the terms established in the order confirmation.
Failure to make payment within the terms leads to:
· The application of arrears interest equal to the official interest rate of the Banca d'Italia plus 7 points, (as indicated by the Ministero dell'Economia e delle Finanze) without this affecting any other greater damage claims (D.lgs n.231/2002);
· GVF having the right to suspend or cancel any successive orders.
Failure to pay just one payment leads to the immediate lapsing of the term benefit according to article 1186 of the Civil Code, and the immediate suspension of the assistance service.
8. Product examination, delays and failed delivery - claims for defects
Customers must examine the goods received and communicate any claims for goods not corresponding to what was agreed to GVF , exclusively in writing, within the term of 8 days from receiving the goods; failure to so invalidates the guarantee (according to the arrangements of article 1495 of the Civil Code). On the other hand, any hidden defects must be communicated within 8 working days of their discovery and before one year passes from delivery. Claims must be made in writing otherwise they have no contractual or legal value.
Disputed goods must be returned to GVF headquarters for the necessary examination with all the transport and packaging costs sustained by the customer.
9. GVF product guarantee
· All GVF products are guaranteed for 12 months from the delivery date;
· The guarantee includes the free replacement and repair of parts with construction defects or which are recognised to be defective;
· Using the guarantee does not exonerate the observance of payment obligations.
10. GVF product guarantee exclusions and conditions governing the return of products to GVF
· Returns must be agreed with our Sales Office: returned materials will not be accepted without the special return number and if not accompanied by form "Notification of non-conforming material for repair / working", fully filled in;
· Shipments without the carriage paid will be rejected, unless authorised beforehand;
· By returning material, GVF is authorised to remove any parts added by the customer from the product. GVF declines all responsibility for any loss or damage to returned products, or to any added parts sent together with the product.
· Repairs only take place in our assistance workshop. The material must be sent with the carriage paid. Once repaired, products under guarantee will be sent to the customer with carriage paid, otherwise they will be sent with payment on delivery. The transport risks are anyway sustained by the purchaser.
11. Copyrights and patents
The products sold by GVF may be subject to patent, brand, or copyright or other industrial property rights. GVF owns the copyright of its own catalogue that cannot be copied, either fully or in part without prior written permission from GVF.
12. Competence and applicable law
The Court of Modena shall be exclusively competent to decide any disputes that may arise and not resolved in the relations between GVF and its customers, with it being understood that all relations between the parties concerning the supply will be governed by the Italian legislation in force.
13. Order suspension or cancellation due to force majeure
If the execution of orders sent to GVF is hindered or impeded by any cause that goes beyond the reasonable control of GVF , (e.g. strikes, machine failures, fires, explosions, illnesses or injury concerning personnel, the reduction or suspension of electrical energy, natural calamities, etc.) or because of the impossibility to procure the materials, articles or services necessary for the execution of the contract, unless at higher prices, GVF may delay execution of the order and in this case after the customer has been informed, this latter will have the right to withdraw his order without any sum being withheld - or to cancel the order fully or in part and GVF will not be held responsible for this delay or cancellation or in any other case of not being able to deliver. In any event, GVF is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage.
GVF Components Srl - Via E. Mattei, 19 - 41043 Casinalbo di Fromigine (Modena) - Italy
We inform you that, in compliance with the provisions of the UE directive 2000/58 about confidentiality of communications, as acknowledged in Italy by the Italian law decree 196/2003 "Protection of personal data", your personal data and all information included in this document are inserted in our data bank and are only used for commercial and administrative purpose ad well as to fulfil law obligations.